Wave Your Flag Cake
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 4 Hours 25 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 18
- 1 quart Strawberries (about 4 Cups), Divided
- 1-1/2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 package (8-serving size) or 2 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand Gelatin, Any Red Flavor
- Ice Cubes
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 1 package (12 ounces) Pound Cake, Cut Into 10 Slices
- 1-1/3 cups Blueberries, Divided
- 1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, Thawed
SLICE 1 cup of the strawberries; set aside. Halve remaining strawberries; set aside.
STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is melted. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Meanwhile, line bottom of 13x9-inch dish with cake slices. Add sliced strawberries and 1 cup of the blueberries to thickened gelatin; stir gently. Spoon over cake slices.
REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Spread whipped topping over gelatin. Arrange strawberry halves on whipped topping for "stripes" of "flag." Arrange remaining 1/3 cup blueberries on whipped topping for "stars." Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Trim 20 calories and 4 grams of fat per serving by preparing with fat free pound cake and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
Prepare as directed, using JELL-O Brand Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS