Eggnog Trifle Cake
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes ( Total Time: 5 Hour 25 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 16
- 2 Env. KNOX Unflavored Gelatine
- 3 cup Milk, Divided
- 1 qt. (4 cups) Prepared Eggnog
- 1/4 cup Dry Sherry
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 pkg. (10-3/4 oz.) Frozen Pound Cake, Thawed
- 6 tablespoons Seedless Raspberry Jam Or Preserves
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
SPRINKLE gelatine over 1-1/2 cups of the milk in medium saucepan; let stand 1 min. Cook on low heat 5 min. or until gelatine is dissolved, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add remaining 1-1/2 cups milk, the eggnog, sherry and nutmeg; stir until well blended. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
CUT off crust from pound cake; discard or reserve for another use. Cut cake horizontally into four lengthwise slices. Spread three of the cake slices with jam; stack to reassemble cake. Slice cake into 14 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. Stand eight cake slices around side of 9-inch springform pan; place remaining cake slices on bottom of pan. Set aside.
ADD dry pudding mix to chilled eggnog mixture; beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Let stand 5 min. or until mixture begins to thicken. Spoon into prepared pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up
You'll know it's holiday time when you get to enjoy a serving of this moist cake!
Garnish with thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, toasted PLANTERS Slivered Almonds and ground nutmeg just before serving.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS