Chocolate Caramel Peanut Bars
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 45 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 36
- 1-1/2 cups PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts, Divided
- 1 Sleeve PREMIUM Saltine Crackers (about 38 Crackers), Coarsely Broken
- 1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Margarine Or Butter
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Caramels (about 50)
CHOP 1/2 cup of the peanuts; set aside. Mix remaining 1 cup peanuts, the cracker pieces, chopped chocolate and marshmallows in large bowl; set aside.
PLACE margarine and caramels in small saucepan; cook on low heat until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Pour over cracker mixture; toss to coat well.
PRESS cracker mixture firmly into lightly greased 13x9-inch pan; sprinkle with reserved chopped peanuts. Refrigerate 30 min. or until completely cooled before cutting into 36 bars. Store leftover bars in tightly covered container in refrigerator. KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS Easy Cleanup Line pan with foil before pressing cracker mixture into pan.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS