Bittersweet Chocolate Truffles
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 24
- 2 tablespoons MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee, Any Variety
- 3/4 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter Or Margarine, Cut Into Chunks
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 pkg. (6 squares each) BAKER'S Bittersweet Baking Chocolate, Broken Into Chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
ADD coffee granules to cream in large microwavable bowl; stir until coffee is completely dissolved. Add butter and sugar; mix well.
MICROWAVE on HIGH 3 minutes or until mixture comes to full boil, stirring every 1-1/2 minutes. Add chocolate and vanilla; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
REFRIGERATE 2 hours or until firm enough to handle. Shape into 24 balls, each about 1 inch in diameter. Roll in cocoa and/or coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store leftover truffles in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Chocolate truffles are rolled in cocoa powder and/or coconut for a sweet treat that is perfect for gift giving or for serving on a special occasion.
Substitute multi-colored sprinkles or OREO Chocolate Cookie Crumbs for the cocoa and/or coconut.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS