Hungarian Round Steak & Spaetzle
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Serving Size: 6
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pounds Beef Bottom Round, Eye Round Or Boneless Beef Shoulder Steaks, Cut 0.75 Inch Thick
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) Beef Broth
- 5 teaspoons Sweet Paprika
- 2 medium Onions, Sliced Half, Separated Into Rings
- 2 teaspoons All-purpose Flour, Mixed With 2 Tablespoon Cold Water
- 2/3 cup dairy Sour Cream
- 1 pkg (9 to 10-1/2 oz) Spaetzle, Cooked
1. Cut beef steak into 6 pieces. Combine 2 Tbsp flour, 1/2 tsp salt and 14 tsp pepper. Lightly coat beef with flour mixture.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in batches.
3. Combine beef, broth and paprika in skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 45 minutes. Add onions; cook, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until beef is fork-tender. Remove beef and onions.
4. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Return 2-1/2 cups liquid to skillet; whisk in flour mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; whisk in sour cream. Serve with beef, onions and spaetzle.