Cranberry Double Layer Mold
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 6 Hour 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 14
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 pkg. (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Cranberry Flavor Gelatin, Or Any Red Flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1-1/2 cups Cold Cranberry Juice Cocktail Or Water
- 1 cup Sliced Strawberries
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mandarin Orange Segments, Drained
- 2 cups Thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
STIR boiling water into combined gelatin and spices in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in cold juice. Remove 1-1/2 cups of the gelatin; set aside for later use. Refrigerate remaining gelatin 1-1/2 hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression). Stir in fruit. Spoon into 7-cup mold sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set but not firm (gelatin should stick to finger when touched and should mound).
MEANWHILE, refrigerate reserved gelatin 1-1/4 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Stir in whipped topping with wire whisk until well blended. Spoon over gelatin layer in mold.
REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Unmold. Garnish as desired. Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator. KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS Great Substitute Prepare as directed, using 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand Gelatin. How To Unmold Gelatin Dip mold in warm water for about 15 seconds. Gently pull gelatin from around edge with moistened fingers. Place moistened serving plate on top of mold. Invert mold and plate; holding mold and plate together, shake slightly to loosen. Gently remove mold and center gelatin on plate.RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS