Velveeta Tex-mex Chicken & Rice
- Prep Time: 5 minutes ( Total Time 20 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 4 Small Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (1 Pound)
- 1 can (15 oz.) Pinto Beans, Drained, Rinsed
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Chicken Broth
- 1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups Instant White Rice, Uncooked
- 6 oz. VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, Cut Up
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover. Cook 4 min. on each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
ADD beans, broth, salsa and pepper to skillet; stir. Bring to boil.
STIR in rice and VELVEETA; top with chicken. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook 5 min. or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cilantro.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Omit oil. Spray skillet with cooking spray before adding chicken.
Substitute 1 chicken bouillon cube or packet and 1-1/2 cups water for the canned chicken broth.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS