Southern Shrimp And Grits
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Times : 25 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Instant Grits
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, Chopped
- 1 pound Medium Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined
- 4 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced (about One Third Cup)
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
BRING water to boil in medium saucepan. Add salt. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 7 min. or until thickened. Stir in cheese; set aside.
MEANWHILE, cook bacon in large skillet on medium-heat heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels; set aside. Add shrimp, onions and garlic to skillet; cook and stir 3 min. or until shrimp turn pink. Add bacon, parsley and lemon juice; mix well.
SERVE shrimp mixture over grits.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Serve this main dish with a mixed green salad to round out the meal.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS