Beef Burgundy Stew
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound Boneless Beef Chuck Eye Roast, Cut Into One & Half Inches Cubes
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 6 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 1 large Onion, Cut Into Wedges (about One & Half Cups)
- 3 Carrots, Peeled, Cut Into Half Inch Pieces (about One & Half Cups)
- 12 small Mushrooms
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 cup Burgundy Or Other Dry Red Wine
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup A.1. Original Steak Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
COAT meat with flour; set aside.
COOK bacon in Dutch oven on medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon with slotted spoon, reserving drippings in pan; set bacon aside to drain.
BROWN meat, a few pieces at a time, in drippings in pan. Return all of the cooked meat and bacon to pan. Add onion, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, wine and water; mix well. Cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer 25 minutes or until carrots are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in steak sauce, salt and pepper; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Jazz It Up
Serve with hot cooked rice.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS