Chipotle Pork Tenderloin With Plantain And Orange Salsa
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 2 Hours 45 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce, Pureed
- 1/4 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Pork Tenderloins (10 Ounces Each)
- 2 Medium-ripe Plantains, Chopped
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 2 Medium Navel Oranges, Peeled, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Or Red Pepper
- 1/4 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
MIX dressing, pepper puree and brown sugar. Remove 1/4 cup of the dressing mixture; cover and refrigerate for later use. Pour remaining dressing mixture over meat in shallow dish; cover. Refrigerate several hours or overnight to marinate.
PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade. Place meat in shallow baking dish. Bake 25 min. or until instant read thermometer registers 160°F when tested in center of meat, brushing with the reserved 1/4 cup dressing mixture after 15 min. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices before serving.
COOK plantains in oil in large skillet on medium heat 3 to 4 min. or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Mix oranges, red peppers, onion and cilantro in large bowl. Add plantains; toss lightly. Serve with the meat.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Use Your Grill
Marinate meat as directed. Drain meat; discard marinade. Preheat greased grill to high heat. Grill meat 18 to 20 min. or until cooked through, turning over after 8 min. and brushing occasionally
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS