Dijon Balsamic Herb Chicken
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (Total Time 40 minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 2 teaspoons Dried Tarragon Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dried Rosemary Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Margarine Or Butter, Divided
- 6 Small Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (One & Half Pound)
- 2 tablespoons Minced Shallots
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounce) Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Water
COMBINE tarragon, rosemary and pepper; spread evenly onto chicken. Melt 1 Tbsp. of the margarine in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 7 min. on each side or until cooked through (170°F). Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
MELT remaining 1 Tbsp. margarine in same skillet. Add shallots; cook 1 to 2 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add vinegar; cook 1 min. Stir in broth and sugar; bring to boil. Cook until sauce is reduced by one third, stirring occasionally. Stir in mustard.
MIX cornstarch and water until well blended. Add to ingredients in skillet; mix well. Bring to boil; cook until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve spooned over the chicken.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Jazz It Up
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS