Hearty French Onion Soup
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 33 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine
- 3 Large Onions, Peeled, Sliced And Separated Into Rings
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounce each) Condensed Beef Broth
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Steak Sauce
- 1 cup Seasoned Croutons
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese Or KRAFT Shredded Swiss Cheese
MELT butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions; cook 10 min. or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
ADD broth, 2 soup cans water and steak sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min.
PREHEAT broiler. Ladle soup evenly into 4 large ovenproof bowls. Top with croutons and cheese. Broil 2 to 3 min. or until cheese is melted.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up
This classic onion soup is perfect to serve as part of a special occasion meal.
Prepare as directed, using reduced sodium condensed beef broth.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS