Garlic Potato Leek Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (Total Time: 40 minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1/2 cup GOOD SEASONS Garlic & Herb Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix
- 4 Large Leeks (about 2 Pounds), Cut Into One Fourth Inch Thick Slices
- 4 Large Russet Potatoes, Peeled, Cubed (about 4 Cups)
- 1-1/4 quart (5 cups) Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Chives
HEAT 1/4 cup of the dressing in large stockpot on medium heat. Add leeks; cook 5 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes, water, salt and pepper; cover. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 to 20 min. or until potatoes are tender. Cool 10 min.
ADD leek mixture, in batches, to blender; cover. Blend until pureed. Return to stockpot.
STIR in milk and remaining 1/4 cup dressing; cook on medium heat until heated through, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with chives just before serving.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
To quickly clean your blender, fill the container half-full with hot water. Add a few drops of liquid dish soap, then cover. Blend on high speed 30 sec. Pour wash water out and rinse with fresh hot water.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS