Apple Breakfast Kuchen
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes, Total Time: 55 Minutes
- Serving Size: 16
- 1/2 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1-1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Creamy Wheat (enriched Farina) Hot Cereal (1 Minute, Two & Half Minutes Or 10 Minutes Cook Time), Uncooked
- 1 tablespoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Fat-free Milk
- 2 cups Chopped Apples
- Crumb Topping (recipe Follows)
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat brown sugar and oil with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour, cereal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, eggs and milk; beat on medium speed 1 min. Stir in apples. SPREAD batter in greased 9-inch round cake pan; sprinkle evenly with Crumb Topping. BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Food Facts The following apple varieties are suitable for baking-Granny Smith, Winesap, Cortland and Jonathan.
Jazz It Up To add a simple powdered sugar glaze, mix 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. milk until well blended. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set. Makes 2/3 cup or 12 servings, about 1 Tbsp. each.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS