Parsnip Whipped Potatoes
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total time: 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 11
- 2 pounds Potatoes (about 4 Large Potatoes), Peeled, Cut Into 1 Inch Cubes
- 1 pound Parsnips (about 4 Medium Parsnips), Peeled, Cut Into 1 Inch Cubes
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Salt, Divided
- 1 container (8 oz.) BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter Or Margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground White Pepper
PLACE potatoes, parsnips and 1 tsp. of the salt in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover ingredients; cover pan. Bring to boil on high heat. Uncover; reduce heat to medium. Simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
DRAIN potatoes and parsnips; return to saucepan. Add sour cream and butter. Mash lightly, leaving some of the potato and parsnip pieces in chunks.
SEASON with pepper and remaining 3/4 tsp. salt.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream.
Substitute rutabaga or turnips for the parsnips.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS