Mexican Stuffed Flank Steak
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total time: 26 Hours 5 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing, Divided
- 6 Ancho Peppers, Crushed (about 1 Cup)
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 Beef Flank Steak (2 Pounds)
- 1 small Potato, Peeled, Shredded
- 1 medium Carrot, Shredded
- 1 Serrano Chile, Finely Chopped
- 4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, Cooked, Drained And Chopped
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro, Divided
PLACE broth, 1/4 cup of the dressing, the ancho peppers and oregano in blender; cover. Blend on medium speed 1 min. Pour into large resealable plastic bag. Add steak; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat steak with the broth mixture. Refrigerate overnight to marinate, turning occasionally.
MIX potatoes, carrots, serrano chiles, bacon and 2 Tbsp. of the cilantro; set aside. Remove steak from marinade; reserve marinade in bag. Place steak on clean work surface. Spread evenly with potato mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up tightly, starting at one of the short ends. Tie securely with kitchen string at 2-inch intervals; set aside.
HEAT remaining 1/4 cup dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add steak; cook until browned on all sides, turning occasionally. Add reserved marinade; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 1 hour 45 min. or until steak is medium doneness (160°F). Transfer steak to cutting board; let stand 10 min. Remove string; cut steak into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place on serving platter. Spoon broth mixture over steak slices; sprinkle with the remaining 2 Tbsp. cilantro.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Serve with a mixed green salad and glass of fat-free milk.
Substitute 1 seeded jalapeno pepper for the serrano chile.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS