Italian Macaroni And Cheese
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 45 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 5 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine, Divided
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2-1/4 cups Milk
- 8 ounces Medium Pasta Shells, Cooked, Drained
- 1 cup POLLY-O Original Ricotta Cheese
- 1 package (8 ounce) POLLY-O Pizza Shreds 4 Cheese Blend
- 1 Medium Tomato, Sliced
- 1/4 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup KRAFT 100 Percent Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Melt 3 Tbsp. of the butter in large saucepan on low heat. Stir in flour and seasonings. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Cook on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Pour over shells in large bowl. Add ricotta cheese; mix lightly.
SPOON half of the pasta mixture into 2-quart casserole dish; sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups of the pizza shreds. Cover with remaining pasta mixture and pizza shreds; top with tomato slices. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter. Mix with bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley; sprinkle over tomatoes.
BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Serve with your favorite steamed vegetable, such as broccoli.
Substitute your favorite pasta shape for the shell pasta.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS