Garlic-herb-crusted Beef Roast
- Prep Time: 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 Boneless Beef Round Rump Roast Or Beef Bottom Round Roast (3 To 4 Pounds)
- 2 teaspoons Dried Basil
- 2 teaspoons Garlic-pepper Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Combine rub ingredients; press onto beef roast.
2. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/2 to 2 hours for medium rare doneness. (Do not overcook.)
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to 145°F for medium rare.) Carve roast; season with salt.