Ancho Chili-rubbed Beef Roast
- Prep Time: 2 to 2-3/4 hours
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 Beef Round Tip Roast (3 To 4 Pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2-1/2 pound Sweet Potatoes, Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 2 tablespoons Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Combine rub ingredients; reserve 2 Tbsp for potatoes. Press remaining rub onto beef roast.
2. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare;2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium doneness. (Do not overcook.)
3. Meanwhile mix reserved rub and oil; toss with potatoes. Roast in greased baking pan, covered, 1 hour. Stir potatoes; roast, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
4. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 140°F for medium rare; 155°F for medium. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.) Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with potatoes.