Louisiana Crab Cakes
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 5
- 1 pound Fresh Crabmeat, Well Picked Over
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Red Peppers
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1/2 Hot Pepper Sauce
- 27 RITZ Crackers, Finely Crushed (about 1 Cup), Divided
- 2 tablespoons GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup Oil
MIX crabmeat, peppers, onions, eggs, pepper sauce and 1/2 cup of the cracker crumbs. Cover. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Meanwhile, mix mustard and dressing; cover. Refrigerate until ready to use.
SHAPE crab mixture into 10 (1-inch-thick) patties; coat with remaining cracker crumbs.
HEAT oil in large heavy skillet on medium heat. Add crab cakes, in batches; cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides. Remove to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with the mustard mixture.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Serve these tasty crab cakes with your favorite hot steamed vegetable.
How to Crush Crackers
To easily crush crackers into crumbs, process the crackers with a blender or food processor. Or, place the crackers in a heavy resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS