Baked Pasta Primavera
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 40 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 7
- 1 package (16 ounces) Frozen Mixed Vegetables, Thawed
- 8 ounces Fusilli Pasta, Cooked, Drained
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Margarine Or Butter, Divided
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder And Salt
- 6 tablespoons KRAFT 100 Percent Grated Parmesan Cheese, Divided
- 15 PREMIUM Saltine Crackers, Coarsely Crushed
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix vegetables and pasta in 2-qt. baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; set aside.
MELT 2 Tbsp. of the margarine in small saucepan on medium-low heat. Stir in flour until well blended; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until hot and bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Add garlic powder and salt; stir. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese. Pour over pasta mixture; mix lightly. Set aside. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. margarine; toss with the combined cracker crumbs and remaining 2 Tbsp. cheese. Sprinkle evenly over casserole.
BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until heated through.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
How To Easily Thaw Frozen Vegetables
Place vegetables in large colander. Pour cooked pasta along with cooking water over vegetables; drain well.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS