Bbq-rubbed Beef Roast
- Prep Time: 1-3/4 to 2 hours
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 Beef Eye Round Roast (2 To 3 Pounds)
- 1-3/4 pound New Red-skinned Potatoes, Cut Into One & Half Inch Pieces
- 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 3 tablespoons Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Combine rub ingredients; reserve 2 Tbsp for potatoes. Press remaining rub onto beef roast.
2. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare doneness. (Do not overcook.)
3. Meanwhile mix reserved rub with 2 tsp water; toss with potatoes. Roast in greased baking pan, covered, 1 hour. Stir potatoes; roast, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. 4. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to 145°F for medium rare.) Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with potatoes.