30-minute Shrimp And Sausage Gumbo
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time: 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Chopped Celery
- 1 cup Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 package (14 ounce) OSCAR MAYER Turkey Smoked Sausage, Sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounce) Diced Tomatoes, Drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounce) Condensed Chicken Broth
- 1 package (10 ounce) Frozen Okra, Thawed, Sliced
- 1 Small Bay Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 pound Cleaned Medium Shrimp
- 6 cups Hot Cooked Rice
MELT butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Stir in flour. Cook 4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add green pepper, onion, celery and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
ADD turkey sausage, tomatoes, broth, okra, bay leaf and thyme; stir until well blended. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
STIR in shrimp; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, stirring frequently. Remove and discard bay leaf. Spoon over hot rice.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Substitute 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen cut green beans for the okra.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS