Beer-braised Brisket With Mustard Sauce
- Prep Time: 3-1/2 to 4 hours
- Serving Size: 8
- 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pound Boneless Beef Brisket
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Large Onions, Chopped
- 1 bottle (12 oz) Beer Or Pale Ale
- Mustard Sauce-
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style Mustard
- 2 pkg (16 oz each) tablespoons Chopped Parsley
1. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown beef brisket. Remove; sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
2. Add onions to pot; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Place brisket, fat side up, in pot. Add beer; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until brisket is fork-tender.
3. Remove brisket. Skim fat; cook cooking liquid, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until reduced by half.
4. Combine mustard, parsley and 2 Tbsp onion sauce. Carve brisket diagonally across the grain; top with remaining onion sauce. Serve with mustard sauce.