- Cheesy Hot Crab And Red Pepper Spread
- Creamy Tomato & Basil Bow Tie Pasta
- Curried Carrot Salad
- Crispy Brick-Grilled Barbecued Chicken
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken over Greens
- PHILADELPHIA® 3-STEP® Mini Cheesecake Jack-o'-Lanterns
- Birthday Train Cake
- Rumbly-Tummy Buster Mix
Certo® Cactus Fruit Jelly
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes (Total time: 3 Hour 15 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 0
- 3-1/2 cups Prepared Juice (buy About 3 Pounds Fully Ripe Cactus Fruit)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 7-1/2 cups Sugar, Measured Into Separate Bowl
- 1/2 teaspoon Butter Or Margarine
- 2 pouches CERTO Fruit Pectin
BRING boiling-water canner, half full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain jars well before filling.
REMOVE and discard fine thorns and blossom ends from fruit. Cut fruit into small pieces. Crush cactus fruit, one layer at a time. Place in saucepan; add water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 min., stirring occasionally. Place three layers of damp cheesecloth or a jelly bag in large bowl. Pour prepared fruit into cheesecloth. Tie cheesecloth closed; hang and let drip into bowl until dripping stops. Press gently. Measure exactly 3-1/2 cups juice into 6- or 8-qt. saucepot. Add lemon juice.
STIR sugar into juice in saucepot. Add butter to reduce foaming. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Return to a full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
LADLE immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 5 min. Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middles of lids with finger. (If lids spring back, lids are not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)
KRAFT RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS