- Caramel-topped Pecan Cheesecake
- Snow-Capped Chocolate Pie
- 3-Star Hot Pepper Roulades
- Creamy Tortelloni Primavera
- JELL-O® No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Parmesan Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
- Glazed Pork Chops with Squash
- Gummi Candy, Nut & Cranberry Snack
30 Minutes To Homemade Sure.jell® Strawberry-citrus Freezer Jam
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time: 24 Hour 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 0
- 1-1/2 cups cups Crushed Strawberries (buy About 1 Pint Fully Ripe Strawberries)
- 2 medium Oranges
- 2 medium Limes
- 4 cups Sugar, Measured Into Separate Bowl
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 box bottle SURE.JELL Fruit Pectin
RINSE clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
STEM and crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Measure exactly 1-1/2 cups of the crushed strawberries into large bowl. Grate oranges; add grated peel to strawberries in bowl. Peel, section and finely chop oranges; add to ingredients in bowl. Grate limes; add grated peel to ingredients in bowl. Squeeze juice from limes; add juice to ingredients in bowl. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 min., stirring occasionally.
MIX water and pectin in small saucepan. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 min. Add to fruit mixture; stir 3 min. or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy. (A few sugar crystals may remain.)
FILL all containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
How To Measure Precisely
To get exact level cup measures of sugar, spoon sugar into dry metal or plastic measuring cup, then level by scraping excess sugar from top of cup with a straight-edged knife.
Best of Season
Freeze just-picked berries for later use. Wash and freeze berries in single layer on baking sheet. When frozen, transfer to freezer bags. Freeze up to 3 months.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS