Beef Rib Roast With Yorkshire Puddings
- Prep Time: 2-3/4 to 3-1/2 hours
- Serving Size: 10
- 1 Beef Rib Roast, Small End, Chine (Back) Bone Removed (6 To 8 Pounds)
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-1/2 Dried Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Yorkshire Puddings-
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Snipped Fresh Chives
- 1/4 tablespoons Dried Thyme
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Butter, Melted
1. Heat oven to 350_F. Combine garlic,thyme and pepper; press onto beef roast.
2. Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350_F oven 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare; 2-3/4 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135_F for medium rare; 150_F for medium. Let stand 15 minutes.(Temperature will rise to 145_F for medium rare; 160_F for medium.) Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with Yorkshire puddings.
Yorkshire Puddings-1. Combine flour, chives, thyme and 1/4 tsp salt in bowl. In second bowl, whisk milk and eggs; gradually whisk into flour mixture until smooth. Refrigerate up to 1 hour.
2. After roast is removed: Heat oven to 450_F. Divide butter among 12 muffin cups; tilt to coat bottoms. Fill halfway with batter. Bake in 450_F oven 15 to 18 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.