Beef Rib Roast With Browned Vegetables
- Prep Time: 2-3/4 to 3-1/2 hours
- Serving Size: 10
- 1 Beef Rib Roast, Small End, Chine (Back) Bone Removed (6 To 8 Pounds)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Lemon Pepper
- 8 Small Red-skinned Potatoes, Cooked
- 8 Boiling Onions, Cooked
- 8 Carrots, Cut Into 2 Inches Pieces, Cooked
1. Heat oven to 350_F. Combine garlic and lemon pepper; press onto beef roast. 2. Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350_F oven 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare; 2-3/4 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135_F for medium rare; 150_F for medium. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to 145_F for medium rare; 160_F for medium.)
4. Remove all but 2 Tbsp drippings from pan. Add vegetables; cook and stir over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with vegetables.