Tenderloin & Garlic-roasted Vegetables
- Prep Time: 1-1/2 hours
- Serving Size: 10
- 1 Whole Beef Tenderloin Roast (4 To 5 Pounds)
- 1 tablespoons Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoons Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic-Roasted Vegetables-
- 1 Large Whole Bulb Garlic
- 3 Medium Potatoes, Quartered
- 4 Small Onions, Halved
- 6 Plum Tomatoes, Halved
- 2 Medium Zucchini, Sliced (Three Fourth Inch)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Heat oven to 425_F. Combine seasoning and pepper; press onto beef roast. 2. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425_F oven 50 to 60 minutes for medium rare; 60 to 70 minutes for medium doneness.
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135_F for medium rare; 150_F for medium. Let stand 15 minutes.(Temperature will to rise to 145_F for medium rare; 160_F for medium.)
4. Carve roast; season with salt. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with vegetables.
Garlic-Roasted Vegetables:1. Cut off top of garlic bulb; wrap bulb in foil. Combine remaining ingredients, except cheese, in large bowl; toss. Place garlic, potatoes and onions in jelly roll pan. Roast in oven with tenderloin 30 minutes. Add tomatoes and zucchini to pan; roast 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Squeeze garlic pulp over vegetables; mix. Sprinkle with cheese.