Cheddar Chicken Ole
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time: 40 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon Organic Olive Oil
- 4 small Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (1 Pound)
- 1-1/2 cups Thinly Sliced Organic Green Peppers (about 1 Large)
- 1-1/2 cups Chopped Organic Tomatoes (about 1 Large)
- 1 cup Organic Salsa
- 1 cup KRAFT Organic Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Cooked Organic Brown Rice
HEAT oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 5 min. on each side or until browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
ADD peppers to skillet; cook 5 min., stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes and salsa. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 10 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170°F).
SPRINKLE chicken with cheese; cover. Cook an additional 4 to 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Serve over rice.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Jazz It Up
Prepare as directed, adding 1 drained can (15 oz.) organic corn or black beans along with the tomatoes and salsa.
Serve with a fresh green salad or colorful crisp vinaigrette-dressed slaw.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS