Luscious Lemon Poke Cake
- Prep Time: 30 minutes (4 hour 30 minutes)
- Serving Size: 16
- 2 Baked Round White Cake Layers (9 Inches), Cooled
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 package (8-serving size) or 2 package (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand Lemon Flavor Gelatin
- 1 cup Cold Milk
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 3 cups Thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
PLACE cake layers, top-sides up, in two clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals. STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in medium bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Carefully pour evenly over cake layers. Refrigerate 3 hours.
POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping; set aside. Dip one cake pan in warm water 10 sec.; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the pudding mixture. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining pudding mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
Jazz It Up
Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint sprigs just before serving.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS