Chipotle Salsa Steak
- Prep Time: 25 to 35 minutes (Marinating time: 6 hours or overnight)
- Serving Size: 0
- 1 pound Beef Top Round Steak, Cut 0.75 Inch To 1 Inch Thick
- 3 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Flour Tortillas, Warmed, Optional
- 1-1/2 cups Chipotle Salsa
- Juice And Grated Peel From 2 Medium Limes
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Cumin
1. Combine marinade ingredients. Marinate beef steak in 3/4 cup marinade in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight. Refrigerate remaining marinade separately.
2. Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill 3/4" thick steak, uncovered, 8 to 9 minutes (1" thick steak 16 to 18 minutes) for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
3. Combine reserved marinade and cilantro. Carve steak. Serve with sauce and tortillas.
To Broil: Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2" to 3" from heat. Broil 3/4" thick steak 12 to 13 minutes (1" thick steak 17 to 18 minutes) for medium rare doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.)