- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Creamy Wheat (enriched Farina) Hot Cereal (1 Minute, Two & Half Minutes Or 10 Minutes Cook Time), Uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Margarine Or Butter, Divided
- 4 to 5 tablespoons Cold Water
- 1 cup Frozen Shredded Hash Browns Or Cubed Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1/2 cup Onion Slices
- 8 ounces Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, Cooked, Sliced
- 4 Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups Fat-free Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1/3 cup KRAFT Shredded Swiss Cheese
MIX flour, cereal and salt in large bowl. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in 5 Tbsp. of the margarine until mixture forms fine crumbs. Gradually add 4 Tbsp. of the water, stirring until mixture forms ball. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. water, if necessary for ball to stick together.
ROLL pastry into 11-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry, allowing 1/2-inch overhang. Turn under edge; flute. Pierce pastry shell with fork. Bake at 450°F for 7 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
MELT remaining 1 Tbsp. margarine in large skillet on medium heat. Add potatoes, green pepper, onion and sausage. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Pour into pastry shell.
BEAT eggs, milk and thyme with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in cheese. Pour into pastry shell; stir gently until well blended.
BAKE 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Assemble and bake quiche as directed; cool completely. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. To reheat before serving, uncover and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS