Cheesy Volcano Meatballs
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time: 24 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 6 RITZ Crackers, Finely Crushed
- 1/4 cup KRAFT 100 Pecent Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 cup Spaghetti Sauce, Divided
- 12 KRAFT Cheddar Cheese Cubes
- 4 Hot Dog Buns, Partially Split
PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix meat, cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce in medium bowl. Shape into twelve meatballs, using about 2 Tbsp. meat mixture for each.
PLACE, 2 inches apart, in shallow baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Press 1 cheese cube deeply into center of each meatball.
BAKE 14 min. or until meatballs are cooked through (160°F). Meanwhile, microwave remaining 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 sec. or until heated through (adult assisted).
SPOON sauce evenly into buns. Fill each with three meatballs.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Cut twelve 1/2-inch cubes from a block of KRAFT Cheddar Cheese to use in place of the KRAFT Cheese Cubes.
Omit buns. Serve meatballs and sauce over your favorite hot cooked pasta.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS