Minnesota Roaster With Wild Mushroom Gravy
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Serving Size: 6
- 1(5-7 pound) PERDUEŽ Fresh OVEN-STUFFERŽ Roaster
- 1 Small Bunch Fresh Sage (or One & Half Teaspoons Dried), Divided
- 3 tablespoons Hazelnut Oil Or Corn Oil
- Salt And Pepper
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Scallions (about Four), Divided
- 4 ounces Fresh Mushrooms, Rinsed, Dried And Sliced
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1-1 1/2 cup Chicken Broth, Optional
Preheat oven to 350° F. Remove giblets from chicken. Finely chop 3 to 4 sage leaves. In a small bowl, combine oil, 1/4 cup chopped scallions, sage, salt and pepper. Rub mixture over outside and inside of roaster. Reserve a few sage leaves for garnishing, and stuff remaining leaves into cavity. Place chicken in shallow roasting pan and roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours until BIRD-WATCHER® Thermometer pops up and a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 180° F. Transfer roaster to serving platter and keep warm. Remove and discard thermometer.
Pour pan drippings into heatproof measuring cup or bowl. Skim off clear liquid from top and return 4 tablespoons to roasting pan, reserving remaining pan juices. Place pan on stove over medium heat. Add mushrooms and remaining scallion; saute 1 minute. Add flour and cook, strirring, for 5 to 6 minutes, until mixture begins to brown. Add reserved pan juices and enough chicken broth or water to make 2 cups total liquid. Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, until gravy is thickened. Slice roaster and serve with gravy.