Easy Autumn Pear Cake
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 55 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 24
- 1 Eggs
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 4 Ounce (1/2 of 8-Ounce Pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) Yellow Cake Mix
- 7 tablespoons Butter, Melted, Divided
- 1 can (15 Oz.) Pear Halves, Drained, Sliced Into Half Inch Slices
- 1 pkg. (4-layer size) JELL-O Brand Lemon Flavor Gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat egg, sour cream, cream cheese and cake mix in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until cake mix is moistened, scraping side of bowl often. Blend in 1/4 cup of the butter. Beat on medium speed 2 min. (batter will be thick).
SPREAD batter into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Arrange pear slices evenly on batter, pressing lightly into batter. Sprinkle evenly with dry gelatin mix and cinnamon. Drizzle evenly with remaining 3 Tbsp. butter; sprinkle with walnuts.
BAKE 40 to 45 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cut into 24 pieces. Cover and refrigerate leftover cake.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Use lemon cake mix or spice cake mix instead of the yellow cake mix.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS