Bacon Cheese Spread
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (Total Time: 3 Hours 15 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 12
- 1 pkg. ( 8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Margarine Or Butter, Softened
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 3 OSCAR MAYER Bacon, Crisply Cooked, Crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Green Onion Slices
- Ritz Crackers
PLACE cheese, mustard, margarine and pepper in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until well blended.
BRING wine just to boil. With food processor running, gradually add wine to cheese mixture, processing until well blended. Place in medium bowl; stir in bacon and onion. Transfer to serving bowl, if desired; cover.
REFRIGERATE several hours to allow flavors to blend. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving. Serve with crackers.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size-Wise: When eating appetizers at a social occasion, be mindful of what you are eating. Savor the taste so you are satisfied with just one serving.
Substitute: Substitute beer for the wine.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS