Herb-crusted Prime Rib
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (2 Hours 40 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 Beef Rib Roast (4 Pounds)
- 1/4 cup A.1. Original Steak Sauce
- 1/4 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Finely Chopped Fresh Thyme
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Brush roast with steak sauce. Mix bread crumbs, rosemary and thyme; sprinkle evenly onto roast, then press gently into roast. Place, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan; tent with foil.
BAKE 1-1/2 hours; remove foil. Bake an additional 30 minutes for medium-rare doneness (140°F) or an additional 45 minutes for medium doneness (155°F).
REMOVE roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing to serve.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Balance this special-occasion entree with a serving of grilled vegetables and a whole wheat roll.
Substitute 1/2 tsp. each dried rosemary and thyme leaves, crushed, for the fresh herbs.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS